Surveysavvy Review (Scam or Side Hustle?)
Looking for a detailed review of Surveysavvy ?
Perfect, you’re in the right place!
In this guide you’ll learn:
- What is “Surveysavvy”?
- Is Surveysavvy a scam or legit company?
- How does Surveysavvy work?
- How much money can you actually make?
- Some hidden tips/tricks to make more money than most folks
- And much more!
Let’s get into it!
Paid survey sites like SurveySavvy.com are a simple and fun way to make money online from the comfort of your own home. But, with so many different online survey panels available, it can be tricky to know what’s legit and what’s just a scam.
To help you discover which survey site is right for your needs, we’ve created this ultimate SurveySavvy review. Coming up, we’ll let you know if SurveySavvy is a real way to make extra cash online or if it’s just a waste of time.
We’ll even give you all the information you need to join SurveySavvy so you can maximize the amount of money you make without spending a lot of time on research. Let’s get started.
What Is “SurveySavvy”?
So, what exactly is SurveySavvy, you might ask? Well, SurveySavvy is a website where you can earn extra money just by completing questionnaires. The site is owned by Luth Research, LLC, a San Diego market research company that’s been in the business for over 40 years.
Out of all the survey companies out there, SurveySavvy is one of the oldest. It was started in 1999, at the beginning of the digital revolution, and has since grown to a community of millions of members in both the United States and abroad.
In addition to SurveySavvy, Luth Research started the SavvyConnect app in 2009, which allows people to easily participate in behavioral studies from home. Needless to say, Luth Research is consistently at the forefront of innovation in the world of online surveys and market research.
How Does SurveySavvy Work?
Like most survey companies, SurveySavvy contracts with market research organizations that need data from real people for their studies. These market research companies pay SurveySavvy to host surveys on their website.
SurveySavvy’s job is to then match members to these surveys. In exchange for your time, SurveySavvy pays you a reward for every complete survey and pockets the rest of your commission.
In addition to paid survey opportunities, you can earn through the SavvyConnect app. The SavvyConnect app monitors your online browsing habits for research and then offers you exclusive paid survey invitations.
Plus, SurveySavvy has a paid referral program. By posting a link on your social media pages, you can invite people to the site. For every direct referral that joins SurveySavvy, you get paid by the company.
Finally, SurveySavvy runs a number of sweepstakes and contests where you can win big. Past contests include a “jingle” competition, where the winner took home a $500 payout!
Is SurveySavvy Legit?
If making money online by taking surveys sounds like it’s too good to be true, then we have news for you. While many people think of survey websites as a scam and a waste of time, we’re happy to say that SurveySavvy is a legitimate site.
SurveySavvy’s parent company, Luth Research, LLC features an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Plus, the company has been a BBB accredited business since 1993. This means that Luth Research is dedicated to resolving any issues that arise with their customers and members.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that everyone that uses SurveySavvy is overwhelmed with how awesome the platform is. There are certainly some people that have had negative experiences with the site.
In fact, one of the biggest complaints about SurveySavvy is that payments can take a very long time to process. Since SurveySavvy only provides payouts in the form of a paper check, it can take weeks for your payment to arrive.
But, at the end of the day, SurveySavvy is a legitimate and reputable survey website. While it has its advantages and disadvantages when compared to other survey sites, you can rest assured that SurveySavvy is not a scam.
How Much Money Can You Make With SurveySavvy?
Pretty much everyone signs up for SurveySavvy to make money, but exactly how much can you expect to make?
With SurveySavvy, you have quite a few ways to earn rewards. Plus, SurveySavvy is one of the top-paying survey sites out there. But, each of their different programs has their own unique rewards system. Here are your options for earning on SurveySavvy:
On SurveySavvy, you get sent invitations by email to complete surveys. For every complete survey, you can expect to make between $1-$3. This is a pretty high rate for survey sites, as most pay under $1 per survey.
SurveySavvy members can download the SavvyConnect app to their mobile device, desktop, or tablet. Each connected device will net you $5 a month just for having it downloaded. That’s a minimum of $15 a month for three devices, all for doing nothing!
With SurveySavvy’s referral program, you can get paid for inviting people to the site. In fact, you get paid $2 when your direct referrals complete surveys and $1 when your indirect referrals complete a survey.
So, if you invite your sister and your sister invites her classmate, you get paid whenever either of them completes a survey! Oh, and there is no maximum threshold for earnings through the referral program.
Contests And Sweepstakes
SurveySavvy regularly runs contests where you can win hundreds of dollars for participating. The contests vary from year to year, but all involve some good-natured fun, like creating a jingle.
Plus, SurveySavvy runs a monthly sweepstakes. Every time you take surveys that you don’t qualify for, you get one free entry into the monthly sweepstakes draw.
Each month, there are two prizes: $50 and $10. While you don’t have a huge chance at winning the sweepstakes, it doesn’t cost you anything either.
Read Also: Is Survey Junkie Legit? Read Our Review
How To Sign Up And Get Started With SurveySavvy?
Getting started with SurveySavvy is, thankfully, very simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Create An Account. Head over to SurveySavvy.com and click the button that says “Join.”
- Add Personal Information. Before you can have a SurveySavvy account, you’ll need to fill out quite a bit of personal information, including your address, phone number, and gender.
- Fill Out Profile Surveys. Although you’ve already answered some questions about your personal information, SurveySavvy needs to collect more demographic information. Answering these questions is critical if you want to be matched with available surveys.
- Download The SavvyConnect App. While this isn’t a requirement to have a membership, it’s hands-down the best way to earn money on SurveySavvy. Remember, you get $5 each per month for downloading it onto a device like a smartphone.
- Invite Friends. SurveySavvy’s referral program is probably the best in the industry. So, it’s worth inviting as many people as you can if you want to maximize your earnings.
- Get Paid. SurveySavvy has an incredibly low payout minimum of just $1, so you can claim your rewards almost instantly. To cash out, your only option is to receive a check, though, so it might not be worth doing so until you’ve accumulated a sizable payout.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of SurveySavvy?
Every survey website has its advantages and disadvantages. While SurveySavvy is a reputable website, it has some pros and cons when compared to other survey sites. This is what you need to know before signing up:
- Very Low Payout Minimum. With a $1 minimum, SurveySavvy has probably the lowest payout threshold of any survey website. This means you can cash out your rewards almost as soon as you earn them.
- Well Paying Surveys. SurveySavvy’s surveys pay between $1-$3 each, which places them among some of the highest paying in the industry. While other sites pay just $0.25 for a survey, SurveySavvy makes filling out surveys worth your time.
- SurveyConnect App. Since SurveyConnect allows you to earn $5 a month for every device with the app, you can easily rack up $900 a year just for connecting your smartphone, tablet, and computer. That sounds like easy money to us.
- Great Referral Program. SurveySavvy is one of the only websites that pays you every time your indirect and direct referrals complete a survey. Other sites just give you a small reward when one of your referrals makes an account.
- Sweepstakes Entries For Disqualifications. If you don’t manage to qualify for a survey, SurveySavvy automatically gives you one entry into their monthly prize draw. Even though your chances of winning aren’t huge, it’s basically an opportunity for free money.
- Not Enough Surveys. SurveySavvy is an invite-only platform, so you can’t search for available surveys when you have free time. Some people, especially those that don’t live in the United States, report that they get very few survey invitations.
- High Rates Of Disqualification. Even though you get a survey invitation, you may not qualify for the actual study. This can be annoying, to say the least. But, SurveySavvy gives you a free entry into their monthly sweepstakes for each disqualification.
- Poor Payout Options. While SurveySavvy has a very low payout threshold ($1) they only allow you to get paid via check. Many members report that it takes weeks to get your paper check in the mail. This problem could easily be solved by paying members through Paypal, bank account direct deposit, or via gift card, but SurveySavvy doesn’t seem interested in changing their ways.
What Are The Alternatives To SurveySavvy?
Not sure that SurveySavvy is right for you? Here are some of the popular alternatives to the website:
InboxDollars is an online platform where you can get paid for doing a variety of tasks on your computer. While the primary way to earn rewards on InboxDollars is by taking surveys, you can also get paid to play games, watch videos, and clip coupons.
InboxDollars has been around since 2000 and has millions of members around the globe. In 2019, Prodege, a market research company, bought InboxDollars, MyPoints, ShopAtHome, and Swagbucks for an undisclosed amount. InboxDollars has two sister sites – the UK-based InboxPounds and DailyRewards in Canada – that each operate quite similarly.
The site is fairly popular among people looking to make money online because they offer so many ways to earn. Plus, you get a $5 reward just for signing up.
Survey Junkie is one of the most popular survey websites in the industry. The site works on a points-based system, where you earn between 10 and 200 points for every survey you complete. Each point is worth $0.01, so that translates to between $0.10 and $2 per survey.
On Survey Junkie, you can only get paid for taking surveys. However, you earn points even if you get disqualified for a survey, which is an added bonus. Plus, you can get your payout through PayPal or in the form of a gift card to a major retailer.
Swagbucks is very similar to InboxDollars because it allows you to earn money through a variety of tasks that you complete online. With Swagbucks you have about eight different ways to make money without leaving home.
Your options include online shopping, surfing the web, taking surveys, and playing games, among others. When you complete these tasks, you’re rewarded with “Swagbucks,” which each equals $0.01.
The average Swagbucks survey pays between 40 and 100 points, so between $0.40 and $1. So, while you won’t get rich on Swagbucks, you can claim your payout through gift cards or PayPal as soon as you have 300 points in your account.
Bottom Line: Is SurveySavvy Worth It?
SurveySavvy is a reputable online survey site that can make you some real money. While we wouldn’t suggest quitting your day job when you make an account, signing up for SurveySavvy is a solid way to earn cash through an internet side hustle.
Even if you don’t qualify for many surveys on the site, SurveySavvy’s referral program is top-notch. Additionally, their SavvyConnect app can earn you $900 a year if you connect to three devices. While having to wait to get paid by a paper check is a drag, SurveySavvy is a legitimate way to maximize your earnings online that’s almost certainly worth your time.