OnePoll Review (Scam or Side Hustle?)
Looking for a detailed review of OnePoll?
Perfect, you’re in the right place!
In this guide you’ll learn:
- What is “OnePoll”?
- Is OnePoll a scam or legit company?
- How does OnePoll work?
- How much money can you actually make?
- Some hidden tips/tricks to make more money than most folks
- And much more!
Let’s get into it!
Survey sites are a solid way to make money online in your spare time. But, with so many different paid survey websites out there, it can be difficult to know which ones are right for you and which are just a waste of time without reading a bunch of survey site reviews.
OnePoll is one of the lesser-known survey sites, so it’s understandable if you’re skeptical about joining, especially if it’s your first time looking to make money online. So, to alleviate some of your worries and help you see if OnePoll is a legit site, here’s our complete OnePoll review.
What is “OnePoll”?
Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, what exactly is OnePoll? Well, OnePoll is a UK-based paid survey company with head offices in Brooklyn and London.
OnePoll is owned and operated by South West News Service (SWNS), one of the largest independent news agencies in the United Kingdom. Since their humble beginnings in Filton, Bristol, SWNS has grown to be one of the premier media and PR outlets in Great Britain.
SWNS has been in the media and content business for over 40 years. The company created OnePoll in 2002 to help run surveys for the PR and media industries. These days, OnePoll is a leading market research company in the United Kingdom and abroad, with over 100,000 British members and countless others in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the United States.
How Does OnePoll Work?
As a market research company, OnePoll is paid by various corporations and organizations to conduct polls and survey panels on their website. Interested people can join OnePoll and take surveys on their website or mobile app.
For every complete survey, OnePoll members receive a small reward, while the company pockets the rest of their commission. Eventually, when a member accumulates a large enough reward, they can claim their payout online.
OnePoll is strictly a survey website, so the best option to make extra money with the company is through paid surveys. There are no paid videos or games like you find on some other survey sites. But, OnePoll also offers a sign-up bonus of £5 for new members.
Members can make money on OnePoll either on their website or their mobile app. OnePoll emails survey invitations to their members but members can sometimes search for surveys on the site.
The only other ways to make money with OnePoll are through their social media and referral programs. OnePoll will often post about sweepstakes opportunities on their social media accounts. Or, you can invite friends to join through a special link that will also earn you a commission.
Is OnePoll Legit?
If it’s your first time making money from a survey website, it’s understandable if you’re concerned that OnePoll is a scam. The good news is that OnePoll is, indeed, a legit survey site.
OnePoll is a member of AAPOR – the American Association for Public Opinion Research – so they’re committed to the highest standards of ethics in research.
OnePoll does pay you for completed surveys, so it’s hard to argue that they’re not legit. However, if you read reviews of OnePoll on TrustPilot, you’ll find that people have mixed feelings about the site.
Most of the people who are unhappy with OnePoll are simply unsatisfied with the number of surveys they are invited to. Unfortunately, this is the reality with many survey sites. You can only get paid for surveys you get invited to and qualify for on OnePoll, so you just might not get a lot of opportunities to earn.
But, OnePoll does have a reliable customer support team, which you can contact via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or, you can send them a message on Facebook or Twitter for a fast response if you have an issue with the platform.
So, while OnePoll is a legit survey site, it’s not a solid option if you’re expecting a steady stream of available surveys.
How Much Money Can You Make With OnePoll?
As with any survey site, you shouldn’t expect to become a millionaire overnight just by answering questions online. OnePoll is no exception to this rule.
However, the website does offer three main ways to make money online. Here’s how much you can make from each of them
As a survey website, the best way to make money on OnePoll is through their paid surveys. As we’ve mentioned, surveys on OnePoll are mostly invitation-only, so be sure to provide them with as much personal information as possible. Doing so will make it easier for the site to match you to available surveys.
For every survey you take, you can expect to get paid between 10 and 250 points. Since 1 point is worth about £0.01 (or your currency’s equivalent), you can make between £0.10 and £2.50 per survey.
Unfortunately, while most OnePoll surveys are quite short – between 2 and 10 minutes – you won’t know how much you’re getting paid until you complete the survey.
Plus, survey options are limited on the site, so it’s rare to get more than a few invitations per week. But, if you get lucky, you can get invited to case studies that pay you up to £100 for your time.
OnePoll Sweepstakes And Prize Draws
If you follow OnePoll on Facebook and Twitter, you get a fun and easy opportunity to make some extra money through their sweepstakes and prize draws. The company will frequently post information on these competitions, including guidelines for entry on their social media pages.
Read Also: How Much Money Can You Make with Swagbucks?
Although your chance of winning is not high, you can get a cash prize worth up to £1,000 through the sweepstakes.
OnePoll Referral Program
With OnePoll’s referral program, you earn £0.50 (or your currency’s equivalent) for each new member that you refer to the site. OnePoll will also give you a £1 bonus when you earn £20 through referrals and a £2.50 bonus for £40 in referral earnings.
However, you can only invite a maximum of 15 people per month to OnePoll. So, this caps your monthly referral program earnings at £7.50. Still, it’s not bad for a program that requires very little of your time.
How To Sign Up And Get Started With OnePoll?
Getting started with OnePoll is, thankfully, very easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Create An Account: The first step is to go to OnePoll’s homepage and create an account. Opening an account is fairly simple, as you need just an email address to get started. Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to open an account, though your survey options are limited based on your country of residency.
- Add Personal Information. Since OnePoll is an invite-based survey website, you need to provide them with quite a bit of personal information to get matched with as many survey opportunities as possible. The amount you share is up to you, but the more you share, the higher your potential earnings.
- Take Surveys. As we’ve mentioned, most of OnePoll’s survey opportunities will be sent to you via an email invitation. If you get an invitation, it’s best to take the survey quickly. Many of the surveys have maximum participation numbers so you may qualify for a study but never get a chance to complete the survey for money.
- Refer Friends. OnePoll’s referral program is pretty easy to use, so it’s worth posting your referral link on social media. You can send your custom link to friends and family, too, to maximize your earnings.
- Follow OnePoll on Social Media. If you want a chance to win the OnePoll prize draws or sweepstakes, you should follow them on Facebook or Twitter.
- Claim Your Payout. Once you have a minimum payment threshold of £40 (or your currency’s equivalent), you can claim your reward on OnePoll. Currently, OnePoll only offers PayPal, check (UK members only), and BACS transfer as available payment methods for your rewards.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of OnePoll?
Like any online side hustle, OnePoll has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the pros and cons of OnePoll to consider before you sign up for an account:
- Nice Website. OnePoll’s homepage is one of the nicest we’ve seen in the online survey world. It’s sleek and clutter-free, which helps reassure members that it’s a legit site.
- Sign Up Bonus. Not every survey site offers a sign-up bonus, so OnePoll’s £5 offer is a pretty awesome deal.
- Great Customer Support. OnePoll’s customer service team is one of the best in the world. If you send them a message via email or social media, you can expect a response within a day.
- Reputable Company. Both OnePoll and its parent company, SWNS, are well-known and have good reputations in the UK and abroad.
- Short Surveys. Unlike some sites that require you to complete 45 minute-long questionnaires, most surveys on OnePoll take no longer than 10 minutes.
- Decent Referral Program. While you can only make a maximum of £7.50 per month through OnePoll’s referral program, it’s still pretty good money for limited effort.
- Sweepstakes and Prize Draws. OnePoll keeps things light by giving you fun and easy ways to win extra cash through social media.
- High Minimum Payout Threshold. At £40, OnePoll’s minimum payout is one of the highest in the industry. It can take members months to reach this minimum and get paid.
- Few Survey Opportunities. As an invite-based site, many members report that they receive very few survey opportunities through OnePoll. However, the survey invitations you receive rely heavily on your demographics information, so be sure to fill out your profile completely.
- Limited Payout Options. OnePoll offers only PayPal, check, and BACS bank transfer as your options for claiming your reward. If you don’t live in the UK, though, your only choice is to use PayPal. While this isn’t a problem for most people, some prefer to receive a gift card reward instead.
- Surveys Fill Up. Since most surveys have a maximum participation number, you may start a survey on OnePoll only to get kicked off early – without pay.
What Are The Alternatives To OnePoll?
If you’re not sure that OnePoll is right for you, then you’ll be happy to know that there are quite a few alternative survey sites. Here are some of your options:
Swagbucks is a popular online rewards site, where you can get paid for taking surveys and completing other fun tasks. You have quite a few options to make money on Swagbucks, which include watching videos, playing games, and even online shopping.
Swagbucks is a points-based website, so you’ll receive “SB points” for every task you complete. Once you accumulate at least 300 points (equivalent to $3), you can claim your rewards in the form of PayPal cash or a gift card to a major retail outlet.
Survey Club is what’s known as a “survey aggregator” site, which means they are like a middleman for the world of online surveys. Instead of creating surveys, Survey Club hosts other organizations’ surveys on their site. They may also link you to other websites and survey panels to expand your earnings potential.
The advantage to Survey Club is that you can easily filter a huge list of studies based on survey length, type of survey, the reward, and your specific demographics. This helps you find surveys that you’re more likely to qualify for so you can get paid.
Getting paid on Survey Club is pretty easy, as you can claim your payout once you earn at least $20. Survey Club even gives you three options for payment: PayPal, check, or Amazon credit so you can spend your earnings as you wish.
Survey Junkie is one of the most popular survey websites out there today. They have one of the largest collections of online surveys that members can take in their spare time.
Unlike sites like Swagbucks, though, Survey Junkie only offers paid surveys. There are no opportunities to make money through other tasks on Survey Junkie. But, you can quickly start earning with Survey Junkie as they give you points just for signing up and completing your profile.
Survey Junkie is only available to residents from the US, Canada, and Australia. But, you can claim your payout through PayPal or in the form of a gift card to retailers like Target, Starbucks, and Amazon.
Bottom Line: Is OnePoll Worth It?
At the end of the day, OnePoll is a legitimate survey website where you can get paid for your opinion. However, most OnePoll members don’t receive a lot of survey invitations, so we wouldn’t rely on OnePoll as your only survey site if you want to make a decent amount of money.
So, while OnePoll is a reliable website, it’s best to sign up for a few different survey sites to maximize your earnings potential online. This is the best way to make survey websites like OnePoll worth your time.