Account Information

• My Account

Manage all your subscriptions, update your address, email preferences and change your password.

• Help Center

Get answers to common service questions, ask the analyst or contact our customer service department.

• My Stock Talk Profile

Update your stock talk name and/or picture.

Close

ALXN trade

Posted in Stock Talk Forum category Options Investing

1. avatar
    Chad Maddix Reply May 23, 2017 at 7:47 PM EDT

I did the ALXN trade and do not see the $180 in my account

• Jim Fink
      Jim Fink Reply May 23, 2017 at 8:55 PM EDT

The $180 per contract was added to your cash balance immediately upon the trade filling. It won’t contribute, however, to your account value until ALXN rises above 115 and the trade is closed out as a winner.

Cash balance and account value are completely different concepts.

Chris H Reply May 24, 2017 at 8:14 AM EDT

Chad …

Best to keep track of your OFI trades on a separate spreadsheet. Gives you a good idea of possible profit based on premium you’ve sold and also your risk.

Once the trade closes, you can update everything and I understand exactly where you are on any given day. I also update trades based on “roll” activity and have a huge comments section where I explain in my own words exactly what happened. Great for the education process!

Chris H Reply May 24, 2017 at 6:39 PM EDT

Bruce …

I only used that spreadsheet as a template to begin tracking my trades. I did modify it to suit my taste when I started out and recently changed the format once again.

If you provide your email address I’ll send you what I use. It’s nothing special.

Post a comment Comment Guidelines

Our Stock Talk section is reserved for productive dialogue pertaining to the content and portfolio recommendations of this service. We reserve the right to remove any comments we feel do not benefit other readers. If you have a general investment comment not related to this article, please post to our Stock Talk page. If you have a personal question about your subscription or need technical help, please contact our customer service team. And if you have any success stories to share with our analysts, they’re always happy to hear them. Note that we may use your kind words in our promotional materials. Thank you.

Logged in as avatar . Change Stock Talk Name.