Stock Talk – February, 2017

Stock Talk

Buck

Buck

Linda – I have thoroughly read J Pearce ‘s presentation of how your PCA system works and am now a subscriber. The point was made about the “tier-two strategy” you use. Problem is – there was no explanation of what it was, if you implement it automatically for us, or if we have any input or choice. This may be proprietary which is fine with me, but a brief paragraph from you on the operational procedure would be appreciated.

buck

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hi Buck,
The two-tier system that Jim is referring to means that I offer stock recommendations AND option trade recommendations. All of my trading ideas are based off of fundamental research, where I look at industry trends, stock specific news and financials as well as valuations. The two-tier approach means that you have two ways to profit from ideas-long stocks or owning puts or calls. Please let me know if this makes sense or if you have any other questions.
Best,
Linda

Yo Ying Chen

Yo Ying Chen

Linda,
CC Call Option is ‘OTM’ with delta .46. What is the chance of making money. Most ‘OTM’ buy Options will lose money.

Please help. thanks

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

My expectation with almost all the option trades I recommend is to trade them as opposed to holding them until expiration. I choose the strike price and expiration date based on my fundamental analysis to determine my price target and whether there is an event before expiration that could cause the shift in price.
I am not an option expert so do not specifically analyze the delta of each option. A delta of .46 implies that the price of the option will move .46% for each $1 move in the stock. The delta increases the closer the stock price gets to the strike price. Delta is not a fixed number and will change with time, price and stock price volatility changes. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I’ve answered your question or if you have others.
Best,
Linda

Yo Ying Chen

Yo Ying Chen

Linda,

Thanks for the clarification.

Yo

Len Ashton

Len Ashton

This morning three Puts were recommended, received the notification but by the time I signed in and tried to buy the options, the pricing was already well over the recommended purchase price. This is not the first time this has happened, I have yet to get into a trade with this service because this has happened every time since I signed up. Why?

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Len,
I always struggle with putting a price limit on option prices. I don’t want to make them too high for fear of subs overpaying but in situation like today when the stocks move in the right direction (down for the puts), the prices are too low. Most of these are trading about 20c higher than my limits. I really like these trades so think if you could move your limit up 20c and then wait it out. The spreads are wide on these and most aren’t trading huge volume so you’re likely to get filled if you’re patient.
Best,
Linda

black arrow

black arrow

hi Linda, This is a general question. I got in on the Triple Play [thank you].
Can I apply similar logic to buy a Put on TSLA in premkt I read goldmans has cut price to $185, I looked at April montly options ther are no bids at 185 but does this make any sense to buy a put at that price or do we need to buy one closer to the current price?

I know you – woops – I should say guess – you have not analyzed it – officially- but what is a put price that in theory [not to say this is a rec from you] would likely rtesult in a profit.
BTW I paid in between bid and ask for the triple play at time and I am OK with that.

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Good morning,
I have looked at TSLA many times but have not been able to identify a news event or a fundamental shift that will drag the stock down. To date, it’s been a concept stock, the worst kind to short. Investors in a concept stock are usually not deterred by flailing fundamentals. That said, a downgrade from King Goldman is never a good thing for a stock. I have not looked at it in a while so apologize that I cannot give you a more concrete opinion.
Best,
Linda

black arrow

black arrow

Thanks for the reply, it is still illuminating.

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk