Stock Talk – September, 2016

Stock Talk

Edward Getchell

Edward Getchell

Linda, regarding a question about Criteo, you answered “This stock is Criteo (NASD: CRTO). You can find my full report under the Resources tab at the top of the site.
Best,
Linda”
Please tell me what site you are talking about.

Ed Getchell

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Edward,
If you click on the Resources tab on http://www.profitcatalystalert.com you will see two special reports. The first one is on Criteo.
Best,
Linda

Jon D.

Jon D.

Hi Folks,
I was looking at a chart of CRTO. We may be seeing a positive chart development occurring on CRTO at this time. I am referring to an Inverse Head and shoulders reversal pattern. Here is a link to my chart:
http://schrts.co/apuEak
The left shoulder is at a low area of 35.92 in late August which I have hi ighted , as I have done with other key areas in the formation. The head is on 9/12 at 34.29 right shoulder is at 35.51 on 9/20.

In order for this pattern to happen we first must have a long decline this may have begun about 8/3. The candlesticks were hugging the lower Bollinger Band the solid red line at bottom. Then we had some consolidation, and a low that could be called a piercing pattern where the head is. Our most recent candle on fri 9/23had a very strong up day up 4.38% with volume of 1,222,745almost double the 200 day moving average for volume. This is critical for this formation to succeed. Note the blue line the 50 day MA is an important area which the stock has been below so this will be an area of resistance. Soon with continued good volume the stock may crash through the 50 day MA which can then reverse to support. I hope it did not cloud the chart too much but I added a fibonacci retracement starting at the low of the head area, and ending on 7/29. We can expect to reach the 62% retracement area in an uptrend at about 40.92 at which point it will be above the 50 day MA. then going back to 8/3 we can see a ‘fallen window’ in candlespeak or a gap down. In order to power above that area the stock must ‘close the fallen window’. By this time we will have experience a strong uptrend. Personally I believe in Linda’s strong area of research. Due to the presidential election cycle it has been a tough year. Id say take advantage of the temporary low area, and reap the rewards of sticking with Linda’s research. Sometimes we must wait for results. If you would like to learn more about an inverse head and shoulders look up the source of this chart and go to chart school there is an excellent free answer to it there.

Best wishes for sauces,
Jon

Edward Getchell

Edward Getchell

Linda, I haven’t been able to find any information on exactly what CRTO does …. technically that is. I don’t see the connection between an invisible dot on a display screen and the data collection and analysis they do in order to “attach” focused adds to specific customers. Having earned my credentials at the lower end of the Charles River I have a curious mind that wants to know what is going on beyond just the numbers.

Ed Getchell

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Ed,
Criteo’s software delivers very targeted ads to consumers. In fact, “re-targeting” which means sending you an ad for an item you have already looked at, is its specialty. The invisible dot refers to internet tracking. Criteo has the unique position of being able to track anonymous user data across devices. If you searched for a table on your lap top, you might see an ad for that same table on your mobile Facebook feed. This is Criteo’s technology. It is one of the few companies that shares data and formulates pricing based on how many consumers actually clicked on the delivered ad. This produces tremendous returns for advertisers who love working with them. It has a very good description of this on its website under the Products tab. Please send along any more questions and kudos for the curiosity.
Best,
Linda

Nicholas Boultbee

Nicholas Boultbee

TO: Linda McDonough,
You wrote an Investment Report on Criteo SA. You wrote that “taking an early stake in this breakthrough could change your financial future in a drastically positive way”. The price of its stock was $40 immediately after I received your report. I bought the stock at $39.875 and it has done poorly ever since.You also wrote “And I’m expecting a major announcement about its future any day now”. Has no-one else bought your story because if they had, the stock price would not have fallen significantly since you recommended it . I am a former Investment Analyst myself and wonder if your analysis was correct or did an event invalidate your conclusions. Nicholas Boultbee.
My email address is: match@rogers.com

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Nicholas,
I am still very bullish on Criteo and in fact have spoken with the company recently regarding the weakness. In my updates I note that the Rubicon Project (NSDQ: RUBI) a company in a similar industry dropped dramatically on poor earnings. Criteo management confirmed that its business is on track and that the issues suffered by RUBI are not impacting it. It’s quite possible an institutional investor decided it did not want to be in the “ad tech” space after RUBI’s bad news. The volume from one institution selling can take a stock down temporarily. Criteo hosted an analyst day on September 15 and presented at several brokerage conferences in which it discussed a new search product that should be released next year. I recommend investors average in to a stock purchase, breaking the total purchase into several small lots over time, as it is impossible to determine the bottom in a stock. This ensures you lower your average price if the stock drops. I will keep all of you posted on any other updates but my work so far leaves me very positive on this name. Thank you for being a subscriber.
Best,
Linda

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk