Stock Talk – May, 2016

Stock Talk

Jon D.

Jon D.

Here is some good news on BC. First I see it has a rising candlestick today meaning there is buying going on.
On a larger scale I was just perusing a quick reference on the Leisure Products Industry on Td Ameritrade. It shows a breakdown of companies and sub-industriesthe overview comment next ti=o BC under research Team rating says accumulate – far be=tter than other words I see on over 30 different companies like hold or reduce.
Looks like the “Boss Lady” has a good one for us folks! Right now I see the price at 49.06, this seems to be giving the info that my idea of buying some 47 calls, which gives me the right to buy the stock at 47 may be a good idea.

Daniel Strickhouser

Daniel Strickhouser

What is happening with Solar Edge in the past two weeks?
Thanks
Dan

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Dan,
SolarEdge and most other solar stocks have been declining since April 27 when First Solar reported earnings. First Solar manufactures and operates commercial solar farm systems. First Solar blamed a revenue miss on a delay of a large project but kept revenue and earnings estimates for the year. It is not one of SolarEdge’s large customers. It looks like the solar bears took this to mean that overall solar installations would slow significantly. I do not agree with this thesis at all. SolarEdge reports on Monday May 9th and I expect they will make and even exceed current estimates. Fears that SolarEdge’s products will be brought in house by customers seems quite unlikely as the company continues to improve its technology and furnish better products at lower prices. I appreciate how frustrating it is to see this stock wilt so quickly but do not think it is a reflection of weakening fundamentals. Look for an update on Monday after the news.
Best,
Linda

Jon D.

Jon D.

SEDG is up today, which is nice to see after a 2 week pullback in stocks overall.
I got a new position in CRTO and it is having a strong day.
However I declined STS because for some reason it requires extra margin if you buy it.
CRL is also having a good day.

Jon D.

Jon D.

just got a nice profit on CRL which is currently breaking thru the upper bollinger band. after a pullback i will reenter crl.
thanks,
I recall biking to work from waterttown into “Southie” and seeing the scull racers

Melody Pfingsten

Melody Pfingsten

Any thoughts on sedg quite a haircut today. OUCH

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Melody-
I agree – the drop is quite painful. I’ll be posting a full recap soon but think the sell off is way overdone. Most of the weakness looks to be due to SolarCity’s problems. SolarCity used to be a very large customer but SolarEdge has diversified away from them with growth in distributors. Estimates for 37% growth look reasonable and the stock is trading at a PE of 8 on those estimates.
Best,
Linda

Jon D.

Jon D.

heres a thought CRTO is forming a Bullish Engulfing Candle , I just reentered after taking profits recently.

Jon D.

Jon D.

I was looking at the chart for SEDG, right now it is up an impressive % but what made me enter a new position was I have been using the indicator PPO on a short term basis and when it flips positive which it did today then I can enter the MACD has not followed yet, but is a bit of a lagging indicator. I am using stock charts.com charts and also using STOCHRSI this is referred to ART HILL as rsi on steroids. It is reading o.53. We do have a “fallen window” in Candlestick terms but it is a small one. This may cause some resistance in the area between may 9 and may 10 candlesticks. Now its up about 8% and hopefully this is a good sign.
have a good one,
Jon D.

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk