Stock Talk – April, 2016

Stock Talk

Dr. Curtis Cetrulo

Dr. Curtis Cetrulo

Add said 3 stocks would be recommended

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Curtis,
The 3 stock recommendations are BC, CRTO and SEDG. The details are in a Special Report that can be found under the Resources tab in the upper right section of the website. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and welcome aboard!
Linda

Jon D.

Jon D.

Hi Dr. Cetrulo,
I was noticing your question. By coincidence I have already commented on 2 of these picks this AM. Here goes the third one being, BC. I think it depends on your style of investing or trading. Either way it looks good to me. If you are a buy and hold longer term investment todays candlestick is a positive one and it is close to the upper Bollinger Band. If you are a technical trader like myself then you may want to wait a while for a pullback to say the middle bollinger band area for an entry for a better risk to reward. If you do like charts and have not tried bollinger bands give it a try. Other good things I see is it is a definite uptrend acc to the RSI indicator. I am looking at a short term MACD indicator it is showing a buy signal as well as other short term indicators. This is a midcap stock, and recently I was reading an educational write up from stockcharts.com that points out mid cops are outperforming S&P 500 large caps. I get a lot of great info from stock charts.com and recommend it to anyone who trades. Of course these are just my own opinions, and we must be responsible for our own trading decisions.

Jon D.

Jon D.

HI LINDA,
Just dropping a line to let you know I like the idea of having an ultimate price for the stocks you recommend.
I always wonder what will the price be at some future time in general. When I look up price targets say on yahoo, I wonder what is the time period they have in mind. I also don’t think stops are really too good especially in the type of volatile environment we are in. I guess we all have the experience eventually of trying to 2nd guess where to put a stop and then we get stopped out, just to find next day its going back up. So if I can “see the goal”, that works for me in more than 1 way.

I am curious when does the new electronic newsletter come out. The reason is I am trying to make a change in how I do things this year; and your rec’s are part of it. I am a pretty active trader so I don’t want to wind up not having the trading cash and finding out I have a great new opportunity, I might deprive myself of.

So great idea from my perspective and thanks,
Jon D.
PS: there were no rats on the whaler, as they would not have done well in Buzzards Bay Hah :^)

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hi Jon,
Sorry for the delay in responding- it’s a busy week in the market! A weekly e-zine is published each Tuesday. The monthly issue of Profit Catalyst Alert is published the 3rd Tuesday of each month. However, I will be issuing Flash Alerts when relevant news bubbles up on our names. In addition, I will always post an immediate Buy Alert when I’ve found a new name for the portfolio. Thanks for your continued support.
Linda

Robert B Moore

Robert B Moore

A few months ago you recommended Integrated Devices Technologies in the PF newsletter. What is your opinion and analysis of IDTI now?

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hi Robert,
I like IDTI as a long term buy and have included it in my Growth Stock Strategist portfolio. I still like the ZMDI acquisition which was the primary reason that I recommended it at first. The company is seeing some weakness in its high end computing division which is similar to many tech companies right now. I think it’s a good buy at this level but the risk of the basic business weakening prevents me from including it as a Profit Catalyst stock.
Best,
Linda

Jon D.

Jon D.

hi folks,
The sun is shining on Sedg today. Technically on a candlestick chart we arte seeing a Bullish Engulfing Candle which could be viewed as a reason to enter a position. Be aware currently it is below its 50 day Moving average which should mean some resistance, but according to technical analysis after it breaks that resistance it will soon be support. I se other short term positive indicators looking good as well. just to be clear I am just one more member; who is in no way qualified to give advice and any trades you may make are each individuals responsibility. I am just trying to draw positive developments to members attention.
Have a good day

Jon D.

Jon D.

H again members,
Right now CRTO has a bullish engulfing candle; which has arrived 1 trading day after what Consider to be a piercing pattern low and keep in mind it is a higher low than on 4/11. It is at or slightly above the middle Bollinger Band. Another bonus is it is already above its 50 day MA. Looks good to me.

best wishes trading

Jon D.

Jon D.

LINDA,
I have observed a bullish pattern forming on CRL, called an ascending triangle it tends to form during an uptrend and signals a continuation of the trend.
here is a link to a chart: http://schrts.co/GY5Y8u

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Thanks for all the technical updates on these names Jon. More information from every angle is always helpful when analyzing stocks. Linda

Jon D.

Jon D.

Thanks Linda,
Just made a 280 profit on SEDG and will reenter and play it again.
Right now I am working on IDTI but will move to that portfolio.

Jon D.

Jon D.

Hi fellow members,
Just giving an update on portfolio position symbol CRTO. Please keep in mind I am not qualified to give any advice and these are my observations; I am only doing this to possibly help any member who may be trying to learn to understand charts.

Since I wrote in on 4/18 I observe series of higher highs and higher lows just what we want! I am looking at a chart from stock charts.com a feature I like is sometimes you may see the size of the last trade last night that was a buy o f9156 this is significant for us since it is likely a fund manager. I added pivot points to my working chart, and the pivot is at 39.33 this is the inflection where resistance is low and the price can rise. It may stop in the zone of the upper Bollinger Band about 41.73 right now. When a position reaches the upper Bollinger Band you may consider it a sell target in an intermediate sense, if you are a technical trader. You can also choose to hold as long as it takes to reach Linda’s Target, its your choice. Above that we may see resistance at the point called out as R1 which is at 43.59. RSI is at 58.83 a definite uptrend area.. Using the MACD with short term numbers 8,17,9 the histogram has flipped to the positive side of 0.0. I am also using a short term oscillator called PPO which gives us a confirming signal that the stock is in an uptrend. This combination of MACD can be considered a BUY Signal. I would suggest to understand that to intellectually agree you should study all these indicators and try to understand how they are applied then you can agree or disagree or put differently make your decision on buying or waiting. I have also used the CMF which indicates to us that money is either flowing in or out of a stock – it is flowing in. This is a mid cap stock as noted on my chart and I have recently read by an expert at stock charts.com that mid caps are outperforming the large Cap S&P 500. I would like to thank Linda for her knowledge and expertise and hard work to arrive at her outstanding stock choices.

Jon D.

Jon D.

This AM i was reading Criteo Partners with Integral Ad Science to Provide Clients with Best-in-Class Brand Safety Worldwide. It said at bottom to learn more http://integralads.com
Just thought I would mention in case this may be significant for CRTO.
I think mkt may be on hold til wednesday afternoon while higher powers decide if fed will not be raising rates as anticipated.

Jon D.

Jon D.

More on CRTO; Happy to say I just got an interim profit of 4.54% on this stock. I will likely get back in when it pulls back.

What was that shorting beer article in investing daily is that something you will send out a trade alert on?
Your service is good to counter Apples sub par performance.

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Jon,
In the Boston Beer article I note that I am keeping a list of potential short sale opportunities that I will send out alerts on as I see fit. They will come with bundles of disclaimers warning subscribers of how risky shorting stocks can be. However, when I find a situation with proper fundamentals and timing I will send out alerts to subscribers. Thanks again for your support.

Linda

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk