Stock Talk – March, 2016

Stock Talk

Jon D.

Jon D.

Hi Linda and Profit Catalyst members,
This AM I was going over charts after doing some Tai Chi practice. In Tai chi classics we read what goes up must first go down. We can apply this loosely to your new position CRTO I looked at its chart on the 8th and decided to wait since it was forming a “bull flag”. the wait was to see a trendily breakout to the upside. This has occurred on friday 3/11. I was busy doing other things friday and did not catch it, but looking forward to giving it strong consideration early monday 3/14. I will try to outline my reasons why: We can see a Bollinger Band Contraction which implies there is volatility will move in either direction we have to see price action, my bias is up in this case. As I said there is the trendline breakout. With an RSI reading of 57.40 this is entering an uptrend. I am looking at the CMF [Chaikin Money Flow Oscillator] it is above the zero line and green green is good for this one as well as for us. For those interested a well made description of the oscillator is in Chart school of stock charts.com which you can access free I think. As it says a move into positive territory indicates buying pressure. This is why I think it makes “cents” to use this Oscillator. here is a link to my chart not sure if you welcome charts but am pasting in a link in case it is OK. http://schrts.co/6bbD1G
Best Wishes to you and your members for success,
Jon D.

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Jon,
Thank you for your updates with the technical view on these stocks. As you can see my focus is on fundamentals so it is very interesting to learn the language of charts. I do not practice Tai Chi but know from my yogi attempts at hand stand that indeed what goes up must come down!
Best,
Linda

Richard Bryan

Richard Bryan

I;ve missed something. What is the difference between Growth Stock Strategist and Profit Catalyst Alert.?? We members cannot possibly follow, much less buy, stocks from so many letters. Which one has your best work?
That is a loaded question but I want an honest answer. Which recommendations have you bought?

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Richard,
Thank you for the question and for being a subscriber.

Profit Catalyst Alert recommendations are higher risk stocks where I expect a higher return. These are special situation stocks that have just experienced a very specific and measurable catalyst. I choose these names with the expectation that they will increase materially over the next 6-12 months. A huge amount of my research time is spent on Profit Catalyst Alert stocks.

For Growth Strategist Stocks I am looking for good growth stocks trading at reasonable valuations. I do not screen for specific catalysts using the proprietary technical method used in Profit Catalyst. Usually they are companies continuing to execute on a successful strategy. These are lower risk stocks where I expect a good return but typically a lower return than Profit Catalyst.

Neither service is better. It sounds cliche but each and every investor has a different risk profile and different investing needs. As far as which stocks to buy I am working on some sort of risk metric to include on each name so that investors can choose which stocks are the best fit for their portfolio.

Best,
Linda

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk