Stocks from Portfolio which are still a BUY

Stock Talk

Victor Benavente

Victor Benavente

I am new to this subscription and I would like to know if the stocks in the open trades portfolio still a BUY or it is too late.

Norbinday

Norbinday

I’m new ,, what are the daily recomendations

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hello-
Welcome to the service!
I do not issue trade alerts on a daily basis. I am always researching new names for the portfolio and new option trades. You should receive an email and a text alert (if you are set up for that) whenever I issue a buy or sell alert. Every Monday I publish a news recap for all the names in the portfolio so that you can keep up with trends effecting our names.
If you look at the Portfolio page, every stock listed with a green buy is a stock that I recommend buying at this level. The buys with a gray buy are above my limit price but that does not mean that you cannot buy them. It simply means that it is closer to my target than other names. I am always updating the targets for my stocks, especially now during earnings season.
If you click on the closed link, you can see the trades that we have closed out recently. It’s been a very profitable first quarter. We just sold Gypsum Supply for a 66% gain and I am hard at work to find new stocks that I hope to perform as well.
Please post any other questions or comments, I’m happy to answer them.
Best,
Linda

Santo

Santo

Hi Linda,

Do you recommend new members to your service focused on options wait for new trades or go ahead with current open option trades in the portfolio ? I am hoping to broaden my investment into your portfolio. I have been trading Jim Fink’s OFI this far. I have been quite impressed with your results in the time since you started with OFI and am looking forward to some hopefully good results investing with you.I

Thank you to you and Investing Daily for giving us access to your services.

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hi Santo,

I apologize for the delay in responding- it’s been a busy earnings week!

I think all of our open option trades are great buys here, with the exception of EPC which expires next week. All of the others, BGFV, CHD, KR and MKC are trading well below my entry points. BGFV is a very thin stock, though, and did not respond to a terrific quarter so that would likely be my last choice. All of the others have earnings events coming up which I expect will send them lower.

As far as the stock portfolio goes, any name that has a green buy button is below my buy limit price, and represents a good entry point.

Welcome aboard and please do let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Linda

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Welcome, Victor!
If you look at the Portfolio page, every stock listed with a green buy is a stock that I recommend buying at this level. The buys with a gray buy are above my limit price but that does not mean that you cannot buy them. It simply means that it is closer to my target than other names. I am always updating the targets for my stocks, especially now during earnings season.
I do not issue trade alerts on a daily basis. I am always researching new names for the portfolio and new option trades. You should receive an email and a text alert (if you are set up for that) whenever I issue a buy or sell alert. Every Monday I publish a news recap for all the names in the portfolio so that you can keep up with trends effecting our names.
Please post any other questions or comments, I’m happy to answer them.
Best,
Linda

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hi Victor,
I apologize for the late response. I thought I had posted an answer but don’t see it here. All of the stocks with a green buy button are below my buy up to price and offer the most upside. However, any stock below its target can still be bought. I am always reviewing estimate changes and sometimes will increase the target on a stock if the numbers are moving up significantly and will update the buy up to price and targets accordingly.
Please let me know if you have any other questions and again apologies for the delay!
Best,
Linda

Norbinday

Norbinday

JJA

JJA

Linda,
We do not do anything with MKC?
Thanks

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

JJA,
MKC still has 2 weeks until expiration. I am considering selling the current puts and rolling into a future series. The stock has run up despite tepid news from the company. It is now the most expensive stock in the food group and is trading $4-6 above most bullish targets. Keep your eyes peeled for an update on this trade.
Best,
Linda

JJA

JJA

Linda,
I do not understand how I have not had any answer.
Thanks

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

JJA,
I have been watching the MKC and had hoped that based on the terrible news from Kroger yesterday, the stock would have dropped. Instead, it has risen every day on takeover speculation. The puts will expire today worthless.

Unfortunately, when a stock moves up quickly immediately after the put purchase (as this one did), the value of the puts fell so dramatically that it didn’t seem worthwhile to sell it for 10c if there was a chance the stock would drop. This is the risky nature of options, the Kroger puts, which we sold yesterday for a 100% gain, were trading way below our purchase price for some time. Only when the stock fell below the exercise price did the options jump.

There is no action necessary on your part when an option expires. I did not respond earlier because I did not have an action to recommend.
Best,
Linda

JJA

JJA

Linda,
Any news of MKC?

Jack Bickel

Jack Bickel

Good morning – I am trying to find YTD trading results and results since inception. I am still within my 60 day period and I know that history dosen’t promise for the future but I would like to see how PCA has been trading. Thank you

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Good Morning Jack,

Since inception, my closed stock recommendations were up 24% with an average holding period of 211 days. My open stock positions are up 11% and up 11.40% year to date.

Closed option positions were up 27% with a 38 day average holding period. Open option positions are down 39%.

You can see the open stock portfolio with each one’s gain or loss and see all closed positions via the closed tab. Investing Daily does not have a live feed for the open option positions so you need to pull each one up individually.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Linda

Sydnee & Howard

SSA

Of the following option trades, which ones do you feel most strongly about (riding out)?
VFC
SAIA
COLM
SHOO

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

This is a difficult question. I know from past experience that trying to pick out just one or two trades as my “best” has little correlation to the outcome.

Each stock listed has an earnings event scheduled for the next 7-10 days. I do think the biggest surprise for the market would be VFC or COLM lowering numbers. Those puts are both trading well below my purchase price. VFC reports on Oct 23 and COLM on Oct 26. SHOO and SAIA are trades based on more good news in the next quarter.

I know that’s not a perfectly clear answer but it’s the most honest. I do not issue any trade recommendations until I’ve done some serious due diligence. If my thesis changes, as it did recently on Akamai (NSDQ: AKAM), I recommend selling the position.

Best,
Linda

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk