stop losses

Stock Talk

Deborah Edwards

Deborah Edwards

I'm new and wondered if Linda has stop losses on her trade recommendations. Looking at the portfolio I see one loss of 51%. Would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hi Deborah,
I do not offer stop losses on trade recommendations. That said, if the fundamentals are moving in the wrong direction or if a stock gets hit in a selling squall due to industry issues (a la Smart Sand- NSDQ: SND), I will often give a stop loss for those that are uncomfortable waiting for a turnaround. Each recommendation is specific to every stock. ANI Pharma (NSDQ: ANIP), for example, is a crazy trader and I am waiting for a major drug approval towards year end so recommend holding on to this position.
Feel free to ask about any specific positions as sometimes those down the most currently offer the best value. I’ve recently been recommending buying Smart Sand at this level.
Best,
Linda

Fo

Fo

It would be nice indeed if Smart Sand finally found a bottom when it traded recently at a little below $5. (A dreaded “four handle!”… trying to look smart by glibly using egregious slang. I’ll stay by the phone in case CNBC calls ?.)

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk