Help finding a broker for none US citizen

Stock Talk

Terje Myhrer-hoaas

Terje Myhrer-hoaas

Hi
I just signed up on your program, but I can’t find a broker that will allow me to trade for Options unless I am an US citizen.
I’m from Norway and there are no brokers in Norway where you can trade for options.

Are there any brokers online where I can trade for options, or is this only possible if you live in the US?
Thanks.

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hello,
A good starting point is a report below from the parent company, Investing Daily, that helps compare brokers. You might need to call them individually to see about the logistics of setting up that account.

https://www.investingdaily.com/broker-comparison/

Best of luck and let me know how it works out for you.

Linda

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hello Terje,

The higher-ups at Investing Daily have been diligently researching your question and have come up with this suggestion:

“We researched a few brokers and the answer is “yes, probably.” Interactive Brokers, TD Ameritrade, and Tradestation work with international residents who want to trade U.S. options. Questrade is a Canadian brokerage. CommSec is an Australian brokerage, but we hear they have high commission fees.”

I hope this is helpful.

Best,
Linda

Chris Stubbs

Chris Stubbs

Hi
I live in the UK and many brokers in USA will not trade with people living outside the USA.
I was able to eventually track down broker ‘Firstrade ‘ who allow me to trade US options and stocks living in the UK.

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk