ATSG

Stock Talk

Ajax

Ajax

Hi Linda,

I noticed ATSG is listed in the portfolio as a stock trade, but it isn't listed in the open options trades. Is that just an oversight? It is still an open trade, correct?

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hi Ajax,
I sold the ATSG March 25 calls on December 4th for $2.17 (a 60% profit) The stock sputtered out a bit after that but due to the recent jump, the calls are now trading at $2.95. I think this is a good exit point despite still liking the stock a lot.
Best,
Linda

Ajax

Ajax

Wow! When I joined the Wealth Society I saw the alert for purchasing the options, but never saw the alert for selling. So I entered the position two weeks after the sell alert. Thanks for responding. I have set up a trail stop order on the sell. I’ve never tried one of these on an option position before. I just placed the order after hours, at market – 5 cents and the market is at $2.875 right now. So hopefully it will open tomorrow and climb again. If not, it should sell at $2.825. I bought in at $1.25 so I am very happy!

Ajax

Ajax

Well my trade triggered half at $2.65 and half at $2.75. I did the trade at market – 10 cents. I will never do that again, as it did not operate like I, or perhaps any logical person, would have thought. It would seem that a market trade took place no where near the current mark. Oh well, it won’t be the last time TDAmeritrade screws me out of profits. I still did very well and learned a lesson in the process which is I cannot rely on an option order to be executed in the way it would execute with stock trades.

Chee L.

Chee L.

Ajax,
“It would seem that a market trade took place no where near the current mark.”
Since “mark” is the mid price between bid and ask while you’re selling at “market” to ‘bid’, where there is a wide bid/ask spread especially during the open, it’s not easy to get a good price.

Anyway, my experience with triggers and trail stops have not been overall positive for both stocks and options due to ‘false’ triggers from fluctuations so I use them only when necessary.

Cheers and congrats on your realized profits.

Chee L.

Chee L.

Hi Linda, the portfolio has the ATSG target at $33. Has there been any fundamental change in that target? If not, I will wait it out a bit before selling my call. Your well researched targets for ICHR, LRCX, AMAT, etc have been on the mark!! So my prefererence is to stay the course where reasonable, unless there’s new info to get out asap. Thanks for the profits!

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Chee,
No there has been no change in my bullish outlook for ATSG. I am quick to trade out of options when we have a decent gain as I am uber-aware of the time value decay (not to mention a bit nervous about this super optimistic market!).
Best,
Linda

Chee L.

Chee L.

Noted. Thanks Linda

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk