Smart Sand SND

Stock Talk

Carl Alexis

Carl Alexis

I am new to your service having been transferred over from Brain Trust. Is SND still a good recommendation? I wanted to ask first before I acted. Hopefully, there are no fundamental changes and what was a recommendation at 15.66/sh is a "back up the truck" recommendation at 7.64/sh. I did not want to place an order only to find out that afternoon that it is no longer a recommendation. Thank you. CEA

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Hello Carl,
Yes, I do still recommend Smart Sand (NSDQ: SND). The stock has obviously not worked out since my original recommendation but the fundamentals look quite good to me. The stock was first hit on fears of too much frac sand supply coming online and then the company missed Q4 earnings due to weather-related shipping issues. The stock is trading at a record low P/E while all the data I collect points to solid demand and improving logistics. The company reports on May 10 before the open with a conference call at 10 AM.
Best,
Linda

Marco

Marco

Hello Linda,

I was analyzing the stocks with greater upside potential and Smart Sand is one of them. Do you think that society could benefit from the increase in oil prices? Thank you very much. Marco

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Marco,
I do believe that Smart Sand should benefit from an increase in oil prices. Higher prices lead to more demand for oil discovery tools, with Smart Sand’s product being one of those tools. Recent weakness in the stock is due to increased spending on transportation equipment for the sand, which will benefit the company in the long run but has the effect of dampening earnings in the short term.
As far as society goes, I think there is a limit to the benefit of higher oil prices for all economic demographics but honestly have not put a lot of analysis into that question. It’s an interesting one.
Best,
Linda

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk