Brand new member

Stock Talk

Linda Johnson

Linda Johnson

Don't know much about this, just joined, should I make a trade on the last alert or wait for new one

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Linda,

The stock trades, especially the most recent ones, are usually still very actionable ideas. You can see on the Portfolio page the stocks that are still trading below my “Buy Up to Price”. These have a green buy button. If you have any questions about a specific stock, please do ask.

On the options trades, I would wait for the next alert. The Tapestry (NYSE: TPR) calls are trading well above my entry point. The Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) puts and the Chemours Company (NYSE: CC) calls both expire in July. I don’t like buying options that expire too soon as the time value on them declines precipitously as the expiration date nears.

Welcome to the service and please do post any other questions or let me know if this answer is not clear enough.

Best,
Linda

Linda Johnson

Linda Johnson

Linda, I think I have got into something I know nothing about, I do options for income and I thought this was the same but after I joined I see that it is very different and I do not know how to make a trade on stocks if that is what you are doing, I am so sorry I didn’t mean to get in over my head but looks like I have, If there is a way you can help me get out of this I would be so grateful, I saw where someway you could take 500.00 a month and make a profit on your ad. I hope you can help thank you.

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Linda,
I’ve passed your request onto Customer Service. I am hoping they can help you.
Best,
Linda

Tim Mccluskey

Tim Mccluskey

How much money does one need to be able to take advantage of the Profit catalyst?
Tim

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Welcome, Tim,

This is a question we often receive. The answer below is the one we include in the FAQ section of the New Members guide. You can find it under the More tab in the menu above. The total amount allocated out of your total portfolio to Profit Catalyst Alert trades is a personal decision. As a publisher, I am prohibited from providing personalized advice on your account regarding suggested account balances.

How much money should I fund my account with to get started with Profit Catalyst Alert?

For trading Profit Catalyst Alert options, a typical straightforward put or call purchase averages $1.50 per contract. The price of each individual trade will differ but this is the average price. Each contract is for 100 shares so the cost of the entire contract is 100 x $1.50 or $150. Profit Catalyst Alert typically has three or four option trades live at one time so you would want to plan your account accordingly if you choose to act on all of the trades.

When purchasing PCA-recommended stocks, Linda always recommends that members “dollar cost average” into each position. For example, if you intend to buy $1,000 of a stock, consider buying 25% of that position each month for the next four months. That will ensure you buy more shares when the stock is priced low and fewer shares if the stock begins to rise.

Linda Johnson

Linda Johnson

Thank you, I hope that will help

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk