Smart Sand

Stock Talk

Skippie2000

Skippie2000

Update

Skippie2000

Skippie2000

I was wondering if you can give us an update on Smart Sand. Should we continue to hold or take our lumps and apply the capital elsewhere? Thank you.

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

Skippie,
I still believe Smart Sand should be much higher than where it is trading. The frac and oil markets are having a difficult time right now due to oil’s 12-month weakness. When I review all the critical financial ratio’s on SND (Return on Assets, leverage, operating margin trends) they are all stable or moving up. Earnings will not be announced until early March. Competitor High Crush (which does not share the same geographic coverage so not a perfect comparison) will be at an industry conference on February 10th, which is the next catalyst I see for the stock.
Best,
Linda

Matt H

Matt H

I’m contemplating reducing my overall cost on the stock by purchasing some additional shares at the very low current price. Does that seem like a reasonable approach?

Linda McDonough

Linda McDonough

I think dollar averaging into positions is a great strategy, particularly when a stock gets knocked down more due to industry issues than stock-specific ones.
Best,
Linda

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk