Microvision MVIS

Stock Talk

Darryle

Darryle

"(NASDAQ: MVIS), a leader in innovative ultra-miniature projection display and sensing technology, today announced that it intends to offer to sell, subject to market and other conditions, shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. , a subsidiary of Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. "

How do you believe this will effect the current value of MVIS shares?

Igor Greenwald

Igor Greenwald

They raised $10 million on a roughly $150 million market cap at $2.10 a share and it’s now trading at $2.27. That’s not a bad sign. Beyond that, I wouldn’t read too much into this.

John B

John B

Is the recent selloff the result of their customer not taking the order until 2nd qtr? Is it likely that we won’t see any significant improvement until shipments begin? Also, for a company that has been around as long as they have to be trading at such a pitiful share price is not alarming to you?

John Persinos

John Persinos

John B.: MVIS is a small-cap tech stock and as such, it’s inherently volatile. I’m not concerned by delayed shipments. We take the long view on these investments. Orders can be delayed, but once in the pipeline, they eventually come to fruition. MVIS’ projected earnings growth remains solid. The average analyst expectation is that MVIS will rack up year-over-year earnings growth of 30% in the current quarter, 12.50% next quarter, 9.40% in the current year, and 6.90% next year. The projected five-year earnings growth for MVIS on an annualized basis is 17.50%. I’ll provide a fuller update on MVIS — including its potential risks and rewards — in my Friday portfolio update.

John B

John B

It seems that MVIS is imploding. Incompetent management? Poor business model? An outright fraud which produces nothing? Which of these is it John? This bet is a complete loser. Please elaborate.

John Persinos

John Persinos

Hello, John. Thanks for your question. An outright fraud which produces nothing? I can definitely say “no” to that scenario. However, the firm’s products face increasingly stiff competition from alternative technologies, a development that’s often the case in the world of breakthrough technology. The rubber hits the road on Tuesday, July 31, when the company is scheduled to report second-quarter earnings for fiscal 2018. If I don’t see a marked improvement in cash flow and earnings, I’ll seriously consider jettisoning the company from the portfolio. I’m closely following the company and I’ll keep you posted.

Add New Comments

You must be logged in to post to Stock Talk OR create an account